AMD has unveiled their A8 series “APU”, which has a CPU and GPU in one chip.
They’re going straight for Mobile Core i3 with this processor, at the $500 laptop price range. You can check out the reviews at Hexus.net, Legit Reviews, and Hot Hardware for more info. Both sites have a review of a laptop containing the A8-3500M APU.
The CPU is essentially a tweaked Phenom II CPU and a Mobile Radeon HD-5500 series GPU, with all the goodies that go along with that. It performs well enough, but the question is will the notebook manufacturers give AMD a shot?
Here are the rest of today’s hardware reviews:
- NZXT H2 Silent Mid-Tower Chassis Review @ Techgage
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 @ PureOverclock
- ASUS Maximus IV Extreme (Intel P67) @ TweakTown
- Sentey GSP850-SM 850w Power Supply @ OCIA.net
- ASUS Geforce GTS 450 DirectCU OC 1GB @ ThinkComputers.org
- ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional Motherboard @ Legit Reviews