For as long as I can remember, every time I visited CES, I would see Monster Cable’s CEO Noel Lee putting around on a Segway. In fact, he is the only person I have ever seen riding one for personal use rather than a promotion or demo.
I guess he likes the Segway so much, that he ordered up a custom carbon fiber version, complete with Ferrari style embellishments. Sans Ferrari logo of course (Noel wouldn’t want a lawsuit on his hands!)
Here are the details from the creator:
We just got back from CES in Las Vegas where we unveiled this custom Segway that we did for Noel Lee “Head Monster” the CEO of Monster cable. This Segway was ridden by Mr. Lee during a press conference with Dr. Dre and Lady Gaga.
This Segway was inspired by the Ferrari 16m and it features:
- Standard carbon handlebars
- Standard carbon lower shaft
- Standard carbon base
- Red carbon fenders with Italian stripes and Monster logos
- Red and green carbon collars with white leather centre section
- Black powder-coated upper shaft
- Red Alcantara grips
- Ferrari Scuderia Spider 16M style alloy wheels
- Custom base pad