Consider this info as 100% unverified rumor-fodder, but for the curious, here are the purported specs of Nvidia’s next GPU:
- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precision support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for “FREE 4xAA”.
- built in Audio Chip.
- built in tessellation unit (in the graphics core)
- Improved AA and AF quality levels
All of this information comes by way of some dude on some forum with ‘inside information’ (aren’t these the best rumors of all?). He says that the 9800 GTX will be “over two times faster” than a 8800 Ultra, and will be around $600 for the top model, and $400 for the GTS.