You are probably aware of the horrible flooding that is occurring in Thailand right now. It has been going on for weeks now, with many industries affected, not to mention the families. IMPORTANT: If you have the means to help the victims of the flooding, please see this page for details.
The one that impacts us PC enthusiasts the most is the fact that some hard drive manufacturing facilities are flooded, with no timeline for recovery. Prices of mechanical drives have already gone up by 20-40%, and that is at the wholesale level. Although nobody will be affected more than system builders, I would expect retail prices of individual units to be similarly affected.
So consider this as a heads-up – either consider buying a solid state hard drive for your next system, or grab a mechanical one before the prices jump up!
And now, today’s batch of hardware reviews:
- Zalman CNPS11X Extreme Heatsink Review @ Frostytech
- Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler Review @ Legit Reviews
- Alpenfoehn K2 CPU Cooler Review @ Real World Labs
- OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid review @ Hexus
- Lian Li Cowry PC-U6 Special Edition mATX Case Review @ Hardware Canucks
- EVGA Z68 FTW Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- Logitech Performance MX Mouse Review @ eTeknix
- Silverstone Precision PS06 @ techPowerUp
- Gigabyte G1.Sniper2 Z68 Motherboard Review @ eTeknix
- Corsair Carbide 500R review @ Guru3d
- Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W Fully Modular Power Supply Review @ ThinkComputers
- OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid PCI Express SSD Review @ HotHardware