Hey all, I’m writing this update from a tethered Edge GPRS connection (yeah, we Windows Mobile users have been tethering our phone connections for about 10 years now. It’s nothing new, believe me). It maxes out at absolutely 20 KB/s, so browsing is pretty slow. Better than nothing! Until Sunday, when my new 30 Mbps connection is set up.
There has been quite a bit of news while I have been moving to a new apartment over the last week:
- It’s been quite a while since we heard from Shuttle, but they are still around, keeping their motherboards up to date and using the fantastic chassis introduced with the SN25P we reviewed several years ago. Their latest is the G2 7600, which uses the AMD 760G chipset with an AM3 socket. That means it should support every Phenom II out there, which should make for an excellent SFF system. It would be great to review one of these, so stay tuned!
- Microsoft have just announced their pricing scheme for Windows 7, and it looks like they won’t be making the same mistake they did with Vista; $200 for a full OS seems like a pretty good deal to me! And based on using the RC for a while, it will totally be worth upgrading.
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $199.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Full): $299.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $319.99
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgrade): $119.99
- Windows 7 Professional (Upgrade): $199.99
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Upgrade): $219.99
- I’m sure everyone knows by now, but Id Software had been purchased by Bethesda’s parent company, ZeniMax. I guess it was only a matter of time, and doesn’t come as a shock to me. The most significant part of this story is following John Romero’s tweets after the announcement was made. Talk about an about-face!
- @theromero: ZENIMAX??????? Disgusting.
- @theromero: Fallout 3 bought DOOM. Wow.
- @theromero: i am positive about the Zenimax deal. my initial reaction was harsh. sorry.
- If you are in the market for some cool Japanese video game T-Shirts, KidSamurai got some new Uniqlo styles in stock. My favourite by far is the Makaimura/Ghosts N Goblins shirt. The material is a cool distressed style, perfect for summer. Some sizes are hard to get, so don’t delay!