NDP’s numbers for September are in, and what we all knew would happen happened. But I didn’t expect such a dramatic number:
- Halo 3 |XBOX 360| 3.3 million
- Wii Play w/ Remote |Wii| 282K
- Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass |DS| 224K
- Madden NFL 08 |PS2| 205K
- Skate |XBOX 360| 175K
- Madden NFL 08 |XBOX 360| 173K
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption |Wii| 167K
- BioShock |XBOX 360| 150K
- Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day |DS| 141K
- Heavenly Sword |PS3| 139K
Yes, we all knew Halo 3 would dominate games sales for the month, but did we expect it to sell nearly twice as much as the remaining 9 of the top 10 games combined? Granted, these figures are only based on total sales revenue, and not individual units; it takes less to make 3.3 million when you are selling some versions of the game for over $120.
Some other interesting notes are the 360′s overall dominance over the other home consoles in game sales; Skate made it to the top 10, but only for the 360. Playstation 3′s big exclusive game Heavenly Sword only barely squeaked into the top 10. It still drives me crazy that Wii Play is selling so well – I hate that game. But I guess most people are just getting it to get an extra Wii Remote. In that case, it’s pretty unfair that it is even counted as a software sale.