October’s NPD sales figures are in, and although it was only available for six of the thirty-one days that month, Guitar Hero III went and sold about 1.4 million units that month, across all platforms.
- Halo 3 | XBOX 360 | 433.8K
- Guitar Hero III w/Guitar | XBOX 360 | 383.2K
- Guitar Hero III w/Guitar | Wii | 286.3K
- Guitar Hero III w/Guitar | PS2 | 271.1K
- Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass | DS | 262.8K
- Wii Play w/ Remote | Wii | 239.7K
- The Orange Box | 360 | 238.4 K
- Guitar Hero III | PS2 | 231.7K
- FIFA Soccer 08 | PS2 | 129.7K
- Brain Age 2 | DS | 116.9K
1.4 million units, when you count all 4 platforms, and both versions. Interesting to me was the fact that 383,200 people bought the bundled version for the 360, but not even enough of the non-bundle to make it in the Top 10. You’d think with GH2 selling 1.66 million units on the 360, that more people would opt for the standalone version of GH3 (that’s what I did). I guess a lot of people really wanted that wireless guitar…
Also, the PS3 didn’t have a single game on the list this month – not even its own version of Guitar Hero. Instead, we see three PS2 titles. It’s interesting to see the PS2 keep Sony going while the PS3 sits on life support as they add more and more cool features and price drops. All that stuff is great, but WE NEED GAMES!