View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2002, 07:18 PM   #1
lowlight
37% More Evil!

lowlight will become famous soon enough
Exclamation HCW is moving! (sorta)

Well my GF and I decided that it's time for a change in our life...

That's why we've decided to take a somewhat long-term trip starting in January...

On January 15th, we'll be moving to Hong Kong temporarily. Our first plan is to stay for 3 months, and see how things are (see if we like the lifestyle, and whether we can make a living over there).

If we like how things are, we're going to make the move a bit more permanent - maybe 1 or 2 years.

Now don't worry, I am going to of course continue my position as Editor in Chief here at HCW... Things should for the most part be the same, except a few things:

1) You'll be seeing more reviews by our secondary writers, like Bryan in NY (who will become our full time CPU writer) and Ed here in Vancouver (who will cover cooling and mod products).

2) I am going to try to visit as many companies in Asia as possible, and tour their facilities. If possible, I will have several 'tour' articles, with lots of pics of how things are made there. So far I have confirmed that I will be visiting Thermaltake in Taiwan, and one of their manufacturing plants in China, as well as Abit in Taiwan.

Honestly, that's about it. However I am interested in bringing along some new writers. If you honestly think you can write well for HCW, talk to me and we'll see about posting up a test article. I'd really love to get some forum guys writing for us, like rstarr, jenious, and TSGK. Guys, let me know if you're interested.

On another note, I will be opening up a new site, www.hktoyz.com, which should be cool. I'll be covering all the cool gadgets and toys they have over there that you don't see over here for a reasonable price for 1 or 2 years That's a side thing, and will not take over HCW.

CableStore will continue to work as always, and in fact we should be getting new stock coming in any day now, and FINALLY you'll be able to get that colour you wanted.