View Single Post
Unread 08-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
deucejmp
softcore

deucejmp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Channel Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgrAde View Post
In comparison to the Klipschs any logitech computer speaker is honky, brash and lacking finesse. You can't trust wattage ratings either, they don't mean a thing. The amp in the logis is pretty bad.

If you're wanting to go onwards and upwards from you promedias, you'd be looking at a decent pair of bookshelf speakers and an amp.
So I've been thinking about getting the Z906 and replacing the sats with a Klipsch Quintet set. As far as computer speakers go, I don't want to have to setup a full size amp in my office with the foot print that goes with it. Plus, if I'm going to buy a new receiver, I'd end up spending more than I want.

When you say the logitec amp is pretty bad--are you referring to the Z-5500 or the Z906? From my research, it seems people are pretty happy with the Z906 sub (fewer opinions on the amp), and I like the slim control panel and integrated amp.

So the question is; can I improve on my ProMedia setup by using the sub/amp from the Z906 and replacing the sats with a Quintet set? Or at this point, is there really no point unless I'm going to get a real amp and sub and forget about using anything from the Z906?
deucejmp is offline   Reply With Quote