View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
kraig
Avg. Geek

kraig is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why do people use Twitter?

IMO, twitter is great for people that run a website or business, or a company, or anything that large groups of faceless people are interested in and want to discuss. its a great way to tell anyone interested updates, news, information, or just say hi in a quick, simple manner.

I don't really get the point of it for a single person. why does your message to a friend have to be sent to the whole world. almost every other person on the face of the planet really doesn't care about what you ate for breakfast, and the five people that do read it could have found it on a private bulletin board, email, or txt/msn/gtalk/skype w/e non public form of communication.

of course thats just my opinion.
I believe that the very act of believing in something causes us to distance ourselves from that thing. Now since we all know that in order to fully understand a thing one must be that thing, it seems obvious that the state of believing in something inevitably causes us to not truly understand it. This leads to all sorts of difficulties. "I believe in love" has a better than even chance of leading to divorce, while "I believe in God" seems to end in variations on the Spanish Inquisition
-CLP
kraig is offline   Reply With Quote