HCW Tech Forum

HCW Tech Forum (http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/index.php)
-   hardCOREware Lounge (http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   If you want to support HCW but don't like ads (http://www.hardcoreware.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30102)

lowlight 09-04-2008 11:18 PM

If you want to support HCW but don't like ads

Please let me know if you plan on buying something online. Sites like Newegg, Circuit City, Tiger Direct, and even Dell. If you can do your purchase through here, it would be a great help. At no cost to you or anything!

If this goes well, I can see about making an ad-free version of the forums for registered users ;)

Shyguy 09-05-2008 12:43 AM

Re: If you want to support HCW but don't like ads

new to doing stuff like that, but how do we go about doing that? click an ad & shop through that, or is there some links somewhere specifically to shop through?

right now the ad at top for me is Liberty Mutual LOL, so unless there's somewhere else to click, wondering how to go about that for future reference?

lowlight 09-05-2008 02:11 AM

Note that I am NOT asking users to click on ads. Please do NOT do that!

Basically, if you want to buy something from one of these stores, I would send you to a page with a link that you can follow. This will take you through our shopping system, and you can make the same purchase. This doesn't generate anything directly, but does improve the conversion rate of the shopping system.

Avalon09 09-05-2008 03:22 AM

Im going to be making a roughly $2,000 purchase through newegg here in about 2-3 weeks, would that help you out at all?

I make semi-regular purchases through newegg to build systems for friends, family, and as a small side business, Id be more than happy to run my purchases through here if that would help.

lowlight 09-05-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon09 (Post 420029)
Im going to be making a roughly $2,000 purchase through newegg here in about 2-3 weeks, would that help you out at all?

I make semi-regular purchases through newegg to build systems for friends, family, and as a small side business, Id be more than happy to run my purchases through here if that would help.

Absolutely, just let me know when you're ready to purchase and I'll let you know what to do :)

ECC 09-05-2008 11:02 AM

I'd love to help but unless you have a referral program with Israeli stores than 90% of my purchases are irrelevant. however if i do though some sheer bizarreness happen to order from us/can stores I'll drop you a line :D

Misanthrope 09-07-2008 10:14 PM

Do you want to know about any and all online purchases, or only a select few sites?

lowlight 09-07-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misanthrope (Post 420064)
Do you want to know about any and all online purchases, or only a select few sites?

Probably anything would work. Just give me a shout and I can look it up :)

lowlight 03-07-2009 05:03 AM

Just bumping this to remind anyone who may be making a purchase soon

Goty 03-07-2009 05:39 AM

Man, I completely forgot about this when I bought my Phenom II! You should send me daily PMs, LL, so I don't forget when I go out to buy my AM3 mobo and some new RAM when my tax return gets in.