Microsoft was showing off their Windows 8 UI yesterday and… well, it looks like Windows Phone 7 to me, but on a PC monitor.
I do think it will be fantastic for tablets, and maybe even PCs connected to televisions. And while I think the Metro UI is beautiful, it doesn’t look like it’ll be that great for desktop systems. Luckily, users will be able to fall back to the taskbar/windows system, which I think was pretty much perfected with Windows 7.
Here’s today’s batch of hardware reviews:
- ThinkComputers kicks things off today with a review of the Thermaltake V9 BlacX Edition Mid Tower Gaming Case
- Another mid tower case, the Corsair White Graphite Series 600T, is being reviewed at TweakTown
- If you know someone in the market for a “net top” check out the Asus Eee PC 1215B review over at Techreviewsource
- Alternatively, techPowerUp looks at the Viako Mini Letter ML-55 E-350 Wifi
- RWLabs reviews the RaidSonic ICY BOX IB-230StU3-G 2.5″ USB 3.0 HDD Enclosure
- techPowerUp reviews the Viako Mini Letter ML-55 E-350 Wifi
- FrostyTech reviews the Thermaltake Jing Heatsink dual tower CPU heatsink