A sad day was made even sadder for Vancouverites yesterday, as not only did our team come up short of winning the Stanley Cup, a large group of morons used that as an excuse to wreak havok on the city. I spent the evening watching in horror as cars were burned and businesses looted as the police tried to disperse the crowd with flash bombs and tear gas.
As you can imagine, in this day and age there is a lot of footage from the crowd itself. And in my opinion, that is what is partly to blame for this. Would the goons have destroyed so much of the city if they weren’t being cheered on by all the goofballs with cell phone cameras? What if most of the people had just gone home?
There are tons of shocking videos to watch on Youtube. Shocking how stupid people act when fueled by booze and other idiots.
Luckily, the Normal People moved in the next day to clean up the mess, and things are rapidly going back to normal. Still, the images of burning cars and morons smashing windows will yet again tarnish the image of what most visitors think of as a cool, laid back Canadian city.
Anyway, let’s move on and check out today’s hardware reviews!
- Sentey Optimus GS-6000 @ PureOverclock
- GIGABYTE X58A-OC LGA1366 Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- ASUS GTX 580 Matrix Platinum review @ Guru3D
- ICY DOCK MB881U3-1SA EZ-Dock Review @ ThinkComputers.org
- Samsung S2 USB 3.0 Powered Hard Drive @ VelocityReviews.com
- Club 3D CSP-X1200CS 1200 W @ techPowerUp
- Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Cooler Review @ Real World Labs
- OCZ Agility 3 240 GB SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 Ultimate 1GB Video Card Review @ Tweak Town
- ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ @ techPowerUp
- Patriot Memory Flash Drive Shootout @ Future Looks
- Thermaltake Level 10GT Case @ Rbmods