I always love it when the hardware companies decide to use Computex as a showcase for their truly insane products and record-breaking specs. Most of these are not even remotely viable to the end-user, but as a showcase they are always entertaining. Yesterday, OCZ was showing off their Z-Drive R4 PCI-E SSD doing 1 million 4-K write IOPs. That is a write speed of 3906.24 MB/s by the way. It also did 1.5 million IOPs read, which is 5859 MB/s. This is all obviously enterprise server level stuff, but it’s still neat to see. Here’s a screenshot from OCZ’s twitter:
We have a nice huge batch of hardware reviews today, so let’s get going!
- PureOverclock kicks things off with a review of Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 6GB DDR3-1600
- PureOverclock is pulling double duty as well, with a review of the ASUS Crosshair V Formula (AMD 990FX) Motherboard in addition. TweakTown chimes in on that board as well.
- If you’re in the market for a $1500 notebook, maybe you should check out the Hewlett Packard EliteBook 8560p that Hot Hardware has reviewed.
- RBMods has a look at the AMD Phenom 2 X4 980BE
- techPowerUp has also reviewed the Patriot Supersonic 32 GB USB 3.0 flash drive. If you haven’t read our review yet, you can check it out here!
- Bulldozer isn’t here yet, but the motherboards are! Both HardwareCanucks and Tech Report have reviews of the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ Motherboard. Tech Report’s review also includes the MSI 990FXA-GD80.
- MegaTechNews compares the Amazon Kindle to the Nook WiFi and the Kobo eReader Touch
- This just in! OCAU has a review of the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 OC
- Finally, NinjaLane, FutureLooks and both have some Computex 2011 reports to share with us.
And if you have news for us, please submit it to [email protected] and we’ll be sure to include you.