AMD has unveiled its desktop version of Llano – their new all-in-one “APU” chip, which includes a CPU, GPU, and Northbridge. Looking at some of these reviews, it becomes apparent that AMD has created an interesting alternative to Core i3. It really does perform like a Phenom II with a low end Radeon video card. The integrated GPU still isn’t very feasible for gaming (although it is easily twice as fast as Intel’s), but certainly may be used for occasions where applications make use of GPU acceleration. If you don’t have a need for an integrated GPU, Phenom II offers even more performance for less cost at the time however, so that is something to consider.
If anything, this makes me even more excited to see what they can do with Bulldozer… For now, here are today’s batch of hardware reviews.
First, the Llano reviews (all using the AMD A8-3850 2.9GHz APU):
Then the rest of the hardware reviews for today:
- OCZ Vertex 3 240GB Update: Retail vs Review Sample @ Hardware Canucks
- MSI Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III Review @ Techgage
- Sapphire HD 6450 1 GB Passive @ techPowerUp
- OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 480GB PCIe SSD Review @ Legit Reviews
- Roccat KONE[+] Max Customization Gaming Mouse Review @ Real World Labs
- OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 Review @ Guru3D
- Iogear Wireless HD Computer to TV Kit (GUWAVKIT2) Review @ FutureLooks
- NZXT Havik 140 CPU Cooler Review @ ThinkComputers
- Patriot Wildfire 120GB Solid State Drive Review @ Tweaktown
- Silverstone Raven RV03 Case Review @ Hardware Canucks
- NZXT Sentry Mesh @ PureOverclock